RXforPrint Available Now in Open Source...
You may be interested in the open source version of
which is a managed print software tool.
RXforPrint provides print tracking and reporting for user-print, including print activity, print devices,
print cost, and print type (color, black and white).
RXforPrint has the unique advantage of having the ability to track print to network-connected and non-network-connected print devices.
The open source option for RXforPrint creates an opportunity for partners, suppliers and manufacturers to gain
access to a state-of-the-art print management toolkit. Here are the advantages of open source:
The open source version of RXforPrint uses the Apache 2.0 license, which offers
the greatest advantage to software developers, insofar as any software enhancements are theirs.
- Open source eliminates the time-consuming effort associated with software development, testing, and debugging.
- By eliminating the software development effort, or costly proprietary product acquisition,
the savings are huge for taking the open source route to product commercialization.
- Reduced time to the market (Android enabled quick smart phone development).
- Improved quality of the product by having more people testing it and looking at the code.
- Ability to enter and sell in niche markets new products at a minimal cost.
- The quality of open source software met or exceeded the expectations of 92 percent of respondents
to a recent survey conducted by Forrester Research.
If you would like to gain access to the open source version of RXforPrint,
please contact Lech Lakomy at
or Mary Sumner at