Re-purposing documents is mainly used from improving the
clarity and appearance of documents. Sometimes repurposing
is used to make up entirely new documents. Whatever your
need APWI’s re-purposing capability can do the job. Re-purposing
is only available for text documents.
American PrintWare Inc.’s HostServe
is a Windows based document delivery and interconnectivity
system capable of transforming mainframe, network, and web
data streams (SNA Character String, LCDS DJDE/Metacode,
XES, AFP, IPDS, Xerox VIPP™, Line Printer, PCL, PostScript,
PDF, TIFF, JPEG, DOC, RTF, HTML, EMF) into an array of output
formats (PCL, PostScript, PDF, TIFF, JPEG, BMP, HTML, XML,
ASCII or Database, with associated indexes) and offers the
user great freedom in the delivery and formatting of vital
business information. Users can view, edit/repurpose, index,
sort, print, and archive documents—regardless of origination—anywhere,
at any time using a wide variety of printers, viewers, archival,
content management or document management systems.
- HostServe will check keys on a page and then determine
what recipe it will use to repurpose the document. This
gives the page a Document Type.
- HostServe can take in any text document and repurpose
it based on its document type . This is done by defining
the areas of the page and defining the changes. These
page areas are called “Viewports”. The Viewport specifications
and the required changes are contained in a document Recipe.
- Viewports allow HostServe to selectively look at specific
areas of the page for data that is needed later in the
- HostServe will go through each of the Viewport areas
sequentially and extract the data into separate tags for
- Viewports are commonly triggered by the contents of
the page, as the Viewports defined for Page 1 would not
meet the criteria necessary to process Page 2.
- Viewports can float up and down the page. An example
of this would be a bill with a total that may appear at
various places on the page depending on the number of
- Customer can have as many Viewports on a page as desired.
- Recipes can control data triggering of:
- Text, reformatting, additions, deletions
- Line Draw Graphics
- Barcodes, OMR Marks
- Charts, Business Graphics
- Images, Sales Person, Contract, etc.
Please contact sales by email
or call 949-488-2222 for your solution needs.